Do you know what a bone graft is? A bone graft is a procedure that can be used to strengthen your jaw and improve your oral health. If your jawbone is weak or unable to hold a dental implant, then you may need a bone graft may to restore the health and strength of your jawbone and improve your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Feriel El Ghaoui, is happy to explain a bone grafting procedure to you. In fact, our team is pleased to schedule you a consultation to see if this procedure is right for you.
To help you understand more about bone grafting, here is a list of facts on the subject:
– According to the AAOMS, or the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, bone grafting treatments are highly recommended in situations where your jawbone is not at its proper strength levels.
– Bone grafting treatments are extremely effective when they are used to strengthen a jawbone in preparation to placing a dental implant.
– In situations where you need a traditional bone graft, we can pull bone from one area of your body and attach it to your jawbone. Artificial bone grafts are also commonly used.
– If your jaw pain is too soft or too frail to function properly, bone grafts can help to strengthen it.
– Usually, a bone graft will take several months to heal before a dental implant can be placed.
As you can see, a bone grafting procedure can help improve your oral health. If you would like more information about when you may need to get a bone graft in Pinole, California, or if you would like to schedule an appointment at Tara Hills Dental, please call us today at 510-724-7474. Our team is always willing to take your call and assist you.