There are many reasons why you can’t enjoy your favorite coffee or ice cream anymore without experiencing sharp or sudden pains. Sensitive teeth can occur for any number of reasons but understanding the reason is the first step in finding the solution to the problem.
Our dentist, Dr. Feriel El Ghaoui, is happy to help you understand the causes of sensitive teeth and see which reason is happening to you. Additionally, our team here at Tara Hills Dental in Pinole, California, is excited to share with you ideas that could be causing your sensitive teeth.
Here is a list of ideas that could be causing your sensitive teeth:
– Cavities can create sensitive teeth and pain when neglected.
– Worn tooth enamel can happen if your toothbrush is too coarse wearing down your tooth enamel with use.
– A cracked or damaged tooth can be hard to see with your eyes alone but cause severe pain that needs to be treated before the bacteria causes cavities, or you fracture your tooth permanently.
– The natural evolution of time can also cause your tooth enamel to wear down naturally causing sensitivity, which is why visiting your dentist regularly is indispensable to keep your oral health in healthy shape.
– Too much teeth-whitening exposure from over-the-counter products can harm your tooth enamel and increase sensitivity.
As you can see there are many reasons why your teeth could be sensitive. If you have any questions or concerns about your teeth, please call us today at 510-724-7474 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you with your oral health care needs and help you enjoy your favorite treats again.